Today's reading: Psalm 119:161-167 (Sin and Shin)
Every verse of Psalm 119:161-168 (Sin and Shin) addresses God's Word in some form--describing it, explaining its impact, commenting about it.
- Verse 161 talks about respecting Gods Word (in awe).
- Verse 162 tells us that the psalmist takes joy in God's Word, and reveals how he values it (great spoil or treasure).
- Verse 163 shows us the psalmist's love for God's Word.
- Verse 164 talks of God's Word being upright and good.
- Verse 165 reveals the peace we can have when we make taking in and studying God's Word our habit.
- Verses 166-168 all demonstrate that obeying and following God's laws and instructions should be our regular practice.
Do your feelings about God's Word line up with those of the psalmist? In a sentence or two, how would you describe God's Word and the way(s) it impacts your daily life? Tami